We've launched a new math unit today; Multiplication, Division, and Fractions.
In this unit, your child will build on number patterns to develop concepts of multiplication, division, and fractions, working with concrete materials.
The Learning Goals for this unit are to
- learn about multiplication as counting groups of objects.
- understand that repeated addition, skip counting, and multiplication are the same.
- learn about division through grouping and sharing.
- understand the meaning of halves, thirds, and fourths.
- connect multiplying, dividing, and fractions to daily experiences with making equal groups and sharing.