We are starting a new unit this week week in sha'Allah: Linear Measurement, Area, and Perimeter.
In this unit, your child will be learning about measurement. Your child will develop an understanding of linear measurement and area.
The learning goals for this unit are to:
- estimate, measure, and compare lengths using non-standard units, such as clips, straws, or Snap Cube trains.
- develop an understanding of the need for standard units and measure lengths using the centimeter and the meter.
- estimate, measure, and compare perimeter (distance around) using non-standard and standard units.
- investigate area measurement by using non-standard units, such as cards, to cover a surface.
- solve everyday problems about measurement.