Welcome back everyone! ! hope you enjoyed the break and had a great time with family and friends. The 2Bs had a fabulous week Alhumdulilah!
Reading:Students practiced their reading stamina during read to self.
Writing: After sharing their stories about winter break, students wrote what they did during the winter break! We got to hear many interesting and exciting stories.:)
Spelling: We completed lesson 15 in our spelling books where we learned "Y with vowels."
Language/ Art:This week students reviewed "Author's Purpose." It means that an author writes for three purposes which is as easy as PIE. (P- to persuade, I- to inform, E- to entertain). Then they solidified their knowledge by making a PIE craft about author's purpose. They did a great job, MashaAllah!
Math: We started a new unit in math (ADDITION and SUBTRACTION STRATEGIES)...
Students wrote the definitions of Sum and Doubles in their journals and learned and practiced different strategies to add numbers (Ways to make ten, doubles facts, doubles + 1).
Math Centers Fun:To review concepts learned in class about addition, we had math centers on Friday. Students took turns to play different board games about "doubles +1" on Friday. They had a blast, Alhumdulilah!
Science: We revised amphibians to reptiles by watching an educational video about them, and then took turns to compare between those two using a Venn diagram. Then, students worked independently to complete a Venn Diagram worksheet that compared amphibians to reptiles.
Gym: We had a great time playing "Foxes and Rabbits", "Soccer "and "Freeze Tag" in our gym classes.
Islamic Studies: We reviewed Prayer by completing some worksheets about the importance of Prayer. We also made a flap book about " Positions in Prayer."
- Students have a weekly spelling quiz on Monday, Jan 11th, 2016 (Lesson 15).
The list words are : plays, say, may, tray, gray, today, away, they, boys, joy.
- Students took their spelling book home to practice for their test.
- Islamic Studies quiz on Thursday, Jan 14th on " PRAYER." Students took their "I Love Islam Textbook" home to review what they learned in class.
- Also, please encourage your child to play "My Salah Journey" board game to review prayer.
- Jungle Sport Flyer sent home on Friday.
- Homework pack is due next Thursday, Jan 14th, 2016.
- If you have not return the book your child borrowed for the project, please make sure you take it back to the public library.
Have a great weekend!